Monday, December 20, 2010

The (good) X Factor

For anyone who, like me, is a sucker for talent shows, you would have known about The X-Factor long before the painful Australian version of the show was re-booted on our screens earlier this year. That's because, the UK version of the show, 7 years down the road, has produced the talent of Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and JLS, three of Britain's most successful acts in recent years.

I, like many anglobsessed friends of mine here in Australia, sacrifice a little Sunday downtime, streaming the show from the internet. It's that good much of a guilty pleasure. Hell, just spending an hour in Cheryl Cole's company is worth every mb downloaded.. trust.

Having recently wrapped Season 7 of the series, I am still obsessed enough to give a little shout-out, with hopes that many more of my Aussie peers will venture into the dangerously time-consuming land of youtube to check out what makes the show so good.

I will refrain from giving too much away (just incase you are interested enough to follow the series through to the final), but I wanted to at the very least big-up my two favourite acts of the series, just to whet your appetite.

So please, check out rapper/singer Cher Lloyd, and the Pop world's biggest threat to Bieber, boyband One Direction:

Cher Lloyd - The Clapping Song



One Direction - All You Need Is Love

No comments:

Post a Comment